Ormiston Sandwell Community Academy

Ormiston Sandwell Community Academy

Tonight's Beauty & the Beast Production - CANCELLED

It is with deep regret we have had to take the decision to postpone tonight’s performance of Beauty and the Beast. We have been monitoring the weather forecast all day, and, of course, it is still unpredictable locally. However, it looks more likely than not at the moment that potentially heavy snow will start falling around 4pm. We have therefore concluded that we cannot guarantee the safe journey home after the performance of all students, staff and audience members. I am sure you will have seen some of the horror stories nationally of people stranded overnight in cars, and we simply cannot take that risk.
I know how disappointing this will be (especially after 2 such astounding performances the last few nights!), but I trust you will understand I must put health and safety concerns first.
We will seek to reschedule the performance as soon as logistically possible. Anyone who has bought a ticket for tonight’s performance will, of course, be entitled to a full refund, or a replacement ticket for the postponed date.

Furthermore, in light of the forecast having moved forward to 4pm now, we feel it best to cancel any after school activities to allow students and staff to try to get home safely sooner rather than later. If this causes you an issue, please advise your child to report to the main foyer area at the end of school, where we will ensure they are supervised by senior staff until the normal departure time for their activity.

In terms of tomorrow, our default position is to try to open of course, but we can only at this stage monitor the forecast overnight. We will confirm via all the usual platforms once a decision has been made. I know the sooner we make a decision the better for your contingency plans, and will aim to do so as soon as conditions become clear.

Many thanks in advance for your support in these extreme conditions.

Best wishes,

M McMahon