Employability skills and work experience is a major focus in Year 10 at OSCA. The aim of our programme is to provide students with the skills and knowledge to make wise and informed choices regarding their future and develop skills to prepare them for their working life. Employers are encouraged to support our programme, with some suggestions how explained below.
Q. I’M AN EMPLOYER, HOW CAN MY COMPANY SUPPORT THE SCHOOL?
A. At OSCA we welcome employers’ input into the curriculum and our L4S days as this inspires our students and helps them to learn about the world of work.
There are many opportunities to get involved, including:
- Providing inspirational careers talks.
- Participating in Year 11 employer speed dating.
- Running workshops e.g., employability skills, CVs, mock interviews.
- Offering work experience/work shadowing opportunities.
- Running business challenges and enterprise competitions as part of our L4S Enterprise days.
- Mentoring students.
- Promoting STEM careers.
For further information contact the school’s Career and Enterprise Curriculum Leader
Ms Rose Oliver.
Ms Oliver can be contacted by telephone on 0121 454 0895, or by email: email@example.com