Year 7 PCE Letter
8th October 2020
We wanted to write to you to update you on our plans for Parent Consultation Evening. As always, our main priority is the welfare and well-being of all our students, families and school staff. To minimise the impact the coronavirus may have on our school we have made a number of changes to the day to day activities in the school and to our planned events this term.
A scheduled Year 7 Parent Consultation Evening was calendared for Thursday 15th October 2020. However, to comply with social distancing requirements, we have decided that instead of holding a face-to-face meeting on one evening, parents/carers have the opportunity to speak to their son/daughters form tutor via a phone call. This will be a short phone call, that the form tutor will make detailing how your son/daughter has settled in to OSCA. These phone calls will take place during the week 12th – 16th October 2020. A voice message will be left if you are unable to take the call. Later on in the academic year we will ensure that parents receive two progress bulletins from each subject area, and a full written report.
Our Year 7 have settled in well, we understand how difficult and worrying the start of a new school can be, especially in the current circumstances. But, in true OSCA spirit, they have risen to the challenge and embraced their new school and all the changes that we have had to face.
When discussing how they have settled in, a few Year 7 students from commented:
- ‘I have settled very well in OSCA and I truly believe that I belong here
- ‘School has been a great experience
- 'My experience at OSCA has been fantastic and most of all comforting
- ‘Cool, great experience, new chances – absolutely love it!’
- 'I enjoy having more trust and responsibility put in me. Week one was a bit weird and complicated but it was an exciting experience and now I feel at home’
- 'Week 1 I was shy, week 2 it was exciting, week 3 I had one of the best days of my life because I made new friends’• ‘My first few weeks at OSCA have been quite good actually. All the staff have been helpful and everything has been going great. It would never have been better if we stayed at home because our knowledge would’ve dropped and it would’ve been hard for us to catch up’
• ‘It feels like home’
We hope that your son/daughter are enjoying their time here with us and we look forward to working together as a strong partnership to ensure that your son/daughter flourishes in their time here. Our parents evening via phone will enable you to ’meet’ your child’s tutor and get an understanding of how they have adapted to life at OSCA.
Our website also details new announcements and contains a plethora of information about the Academy, should you need it, and also has a new virtual tour.
Mr A Nedjat